The Asia-Pacific Society for Physical Activity was launched in June 2020. In just three years, we have grown to over 200 members from 11 countries, and 32% of members are students!
We have so many highlights from the last year! Here is just some of what we got up to:
- Over 200 delegates attending our 2nd annual conference held in November 2022
- Our first in-person conference due to Covid-19
- 8 webinars, workshops and video series on a range of topics
- Launch of a new special interest group ‘Physical Activity in Healthcare’
- Submission of a response to an Australian Government Consultation Paper ‘Role and Functions of an Australian Centre for Disease Control’ to advocate for physical activity
- A highly successful Early Career Research Showcase hosted by the Early Career Network and Asia Committee
- Continued conversations with politicians regarding the Three Transport Priorities
- and much more!
Thanks to all our members for making this possible. We are excited about our future activities as we continue to advance advance the science and practice of physical activity in Asia-Pacific region.