|Facilitator:||Dr Sjaan Gomersall, The University of Queensland|
|Location:||Online via Zoom Meeting|
The ASPA Physical Activity in Healthcare SIG is bringing together experts in physical activity for a fun and thought-provoking webinar, chaired by our SIG Co-Lead Dr Sjaan Gomersall, The University of Queensland.
The guest speaker for the webinar is Associate Professor Karen Milton, University of East Anglia, who will provide perspectives on physical activity promotion in healthcare in the United Kingdom, and will discuss initiatives that could have implications for healthcare settings in Asia-Pacific.
In a twist from the conventional webinar style the second part of the session takes the form of a debate. The topic is: should physical activity promotion within healthcare be a priority in the Asia-Pacific. Two teams (affirmative and negative) will use their expertise and charisma to persuade you that they are correct. The audience will get to decide the winning team!
- Dr Sjaan Gomersall, The University of Queensland
- Associate Professor Karen Milton, University of East Anglia
- Professor Cathie Sherrington, University of Sydney
- Dr Jessica Hill, The University of Queensland
- Elizabeth Calleja, Heart Foundation
- Professor Kasia Bail, University of Canberra
- Dr Paul Crisford, Podiatrist, University of Tasmania
- Dr Adam Castricum, Sports & Exercise Physician, Axis Sports Medicine