ASPA 2023 Conference
Mahi Tahi – Working Together
ASPA is pleased to announce that the 3rd Asia-Pacific Society for Physical Activity conference will take place on the 27th to 28th of November 2023 at the Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand. ASPA 2023 is the premier physical activity conference in the Asia-Pacific region and brings together leading experts, practitioners, policy makers, and researchers to share their knowledge and insights. The conference theme for 2023 is Mahi Tahi – Working Together.
We are excited to be hosting ASPA 2023 alongside the Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand annual conference, which will be held at the same venue on the 28th and 29th of November 2023. This partnership means we have an extensive program on Day Two of ASPA 2023 (November 28th), including multiple parallel sessions, cross-cutting keynotes, and plenty of networking opportunities.
Call for abstracts opens
Regular abstract submission deadline
Call for late-breaking abstracts opens
Regular abstract notification
Late-breaking abstract submission deadline
Late-breaking abstract notification
Early bird registration deadline
Regular registration deadline
We are busy putting together an exciting conference program for this in-person event. The conference theme for 2023 is Mahi Tahi – Working Together. Here’s a taster of what you can expect:
- Attendees from across the Asia-Pacific region working in physical activity, health, education, transport, and urban development research, policy and practice.
- Two days of keynote presentations, oral sessions, workshops and poster sessions.
- Dedicated Special Interest Group (SIG) sessions.
- Welcome reception and networking opportunities for early career professionals.
- Optional registration on Day 3 for the Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand conference.
It promises to be a great event, we look forward to seeing you there!
Call for abstracts
We are now accepting abstract submissions for oral presentations and posters related to physical activity research, policy and practice. There are two formats for abstract submissions:
- Scientific or research
- Advocacy, policy, or practice.
- Call for abstracts opens: March 1
- Regular abstract submission deadline: June 30
- Call for late-breaking abstracts opens: July 1
- Regular abstract notification: August 31
- Late-breaking abstract submission deadline: September 15
- Late-breaking abstract notification: September 30
Please note that all delegates with accepted abstracts need to register for the conference and be present in person to give their presentation.
Early bird registration for the in-person conference will open on the 1st July 2023 and close on the 30th September 2023.
We are excited to host the in-person conference in Wellington, New Zealand at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington. Perched on the water’s edge and surrounded by nature, Wellington is a compact, connected and vibrant capital.
Located in the middle of New Zealand with direct flights into Wellington from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fiji. Frequent flights from Auckland provides easy connectivity with the rest of Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and further afield. Wellington’s CBD is only a 15-minute drive from Wellington Airport, the longest commute you will have during your stay.
The walkable central city means that the conference venue, accommodation, dining and cultural precincts are all within short walking distance.
Wellington is surrounded by beautiful scenery and green spaces. Wellington’s waterfront is perfect for a morning run with views across the harbour or take a stroll through beautiful native bush to Mt Victoria Lookout.
For more information on Wellington as a destination, visit https://www.wellingtonnz.com/ and https://www.newzealand.com/int/wellington/
We will keep this website updated as details are confirmed. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay up to date with conference news and announcements.
For any questions or enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in ASPA 2023 and we look forward to seeing you there!
- Scientific Programme Committee: Professor David Lubans (Co-Chair), Dr Lisa Mackay (Co-Chair), Professor Kylie Hesketh, Professor Corneel Vandelanotte, Dr Emiliano Mazzoli, Dr Jordan Smith.
- Abstracts Committee: Professor Corneel Vandelanotte (Chair), Dr Oliver Wilson.
- Local Organising Committee: Associate Professor Justin Richards, Associate Professor Geoff Kira, Dr Oliver Wilson, Dr Lara Andrews, Alana Hamil, Vinko Kerr-Harris, Paora Te Hurihanganui, Liz McKibben.